In the era of big data, many use cases appear where data assets from different organizations provide value when combined and processed using algorithms from yet another organization. However, many organizations have concerns regarding the protection of its assets and therefore
like to impose usage policies governing access and usage of their data and/or code. Aspects like data/code use policy, security and integrity are difficult to arrange and involve typically high level agreements and the organization of trust by administration and enforcement of
Administering rules established by a collaborative group and terms of an agreement group members agree, allows group members to earn each others trust, not only at business level, but also enforcing it at the operational level and handling of possible disputes is an aspect we
want to explore in this session.
We will feature speakers from use cases from science and industry and HPC centers on how they envisage their ability to support the notion of a trusted, well connected third party compute center. We will feature a panel with experts from NREN's and science-DMZ enabled campuses to
foster joint research and proof of concept demonstrations of the presented ideas.
All slides shown in the session are concatenated in one pdf and can be found here: 20170425-delaat-datasharing.pdf
- 15h00 Cees de Laat, University of Amsterdam
- 15h05 Leon Gommans, Air France KLM
- 15h25 Rodney Wilson
- 15h30 Panel of stakeholders
- Flash talks (~3 min each):
- 15h45 Panel discussion moderated by Cees de Laat
- 16h00 End of session.
- Report from NWO/STW Workshop “ICT with Industry 2016” Lorenz Centre Leiden, Nov. 7-11th 2016; Prof. dr. Tom M. van Engers (UvA), Prof. dr. Robert Meijer (UvA, TNO), Dr. ing. Leon Gommans (Air France KLM Group ICT Technology Office R&D, UvA), Dr. Kees Nieuwenhuis (Thales
Nederland B.V., CTO Office), "Trusted Big Data Sharing for Aircraft MRO using a Secure Digital Market Place mechanism."
- Trusted Big Data Sharing; Researching alliances and infrastructure models across multiple autonomous organizations presentation.
- SARNET project: http://delaat.net/sarnet/index.html
- SARNET demo @ SC16
- DockerMon: Bring your own container - demo @ SC16: