In the era of big data, many use cases appear where data assets from different organizations provide value when
combined and processed using algorithms from yet another organization. However, many organizations have concerns
regarding the protection of its assets and therefore like to impose usage policies governing access and usage of
their data and/or code. Aspects like data/code use policy, security and integrity are difficult to arrange and
involve typically high level agreements and the organization of trust by administration and enforcement of
Administering rules established by a collaborative group and terms of an agreement group members agree, allows
group members to earn each others trust, not only at business level, but also enforcing it at the operational
level and handling of possible disputes is an aspect we want to explore in this session.
We will feature speakers from use cases from science and industry and HPC centers on how they envisage their
ability to support the notion of a trusted, well connected third party compute center. We will feature a panel
with experts from NREN's and science-DMZ enabled campuses to foster joint research and proof of concept
demonstrations of the presented ideas.
All slides shown in the session are concatenated in one pdf and can be found here: 20170425-delaat-datasharing.pdf
- 15h00 Cees de Laat, University of Amsterdam
- 15h05 Leon Gommans, Air France KLM
- 15h25 Rodney Wilson
- 15h30 Panel of stakeholders
- Flash talks (~3 min each):
- 15h45 Panel discussion moderated by Cees de Laat
- 16h00 End of session.
- Report from NWO/STW Workshop “ICT with Industry 2016” Lorenz Centre Leiden, Nov. 7-11th 2016; Prof. dr.
Tom M. van Engers (UvA), Prof. dr. Robert Meijer (UvA, TNO), Dr. ing. Leon Gommans (Air France KLM Group ICT
Technology Office R&D, UvA), Dr. Kees Nieuwenhuis (Thales Nederland B.V., CTO Office), "Trusted Big Data
Sharing for Aircraft MRO using a Secure Digital Market Place mechanism."
- Trusted Big Data Sharing; Researching alliances and infrastructure models across multiple autonomous
- SARNET project: http://delaat.net/sarnet/index.html
- SARNET demo @ SC16
- DockerMon: Bring your own container - demo @ SC16: